Saturday, September 4, 2010

I never quite got why women on TV, movies or in books refuse to be "rescued".
After he stands up for her, or even better, saves her, she goes all "I didn't need your help. I was fine on my own.".
Yes you did and no you weren't!

I think it is nice to be saved. To have a hero. Someone who makes it all go away. I myself would cause a catastrophe if I were left on my own for a long time.. Maybe that's why. It also might have something to do with the fact that us Pisceans like to be "led" and "protected" like I once read somewhere. I don't know..


Boy, aren't I the typical damsel in distress.



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Aljawal

7 comments:

Hopeless Poet said...

What about the girls who always say I have a job and I don't need any man and I want to be independent and all and yet they get upset when the man doesn't open the car door for them or carry their bags in the mall?

Anonymous said...

I don't get those too, lol.

Fadiosis said...

LOL mashallah at least u don't have to be a total drama queen! When I read the first sentence I had a look of disgust... But then I realized *secretly and slowly* that I'm one of those :p

>>> zyadat 3effa 3la gool mama LOOOOOOOL

Smart CoOKie said...

I HATE the idea of being "saved". Hey my knight, I'll save you.

Anonymous said...

I think it's all a matter of when.. I have my moments of pure independency and "I-rule-the-world-mania" and if a guy tryed to save me then, I'd most likely hurt him! But then I have other times, when I feel vulnerable and fragile. A knight in shining armour would be all but unwelcome. Nice blog!

Lamya said...

OoHh.. Im dangerous here..

I guess Im the type that changes my own tyres, holds my own doors, and doesnt expect any guy to do anything for me.. I guess Im just more Tomoe Gozen/Amazon than Princess-of-the-court.

I love your blog.. first time here!

doona said...

lol!

its nice to be saved, no? e7sas jameel =D