Friday, December 5, 2008

Money, love, and a tag..

I'm broke and in debt.
It's funny how you're loaded one minute, and the next all what you got is couple of tens and ones and zeroed-out accounts.
The sight of money bills in my wallet gets on my nerves.. it always must be spent. I spend it on crap that I don't need then I get a lecture from my parents on how I must learn how to save money because they won't be there for me forever (I shudder at this part) and who knows what will happen in the future.. يقول عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه: " إخشوشنوا فإن النعم لا تدوم".. etc, etc.

My sister thinks I'm too absorbed in my books and movies. Well the love stories in those to be accurate. A5sh jaw :p. She's not the only one to do that. People tell me I'd better stop believing those stories and getting so emotional because I'll be slapped on the face real hard by reality eventually. The chances of me getting an Edward or a Gerry or even half a Ben is pretty slim, almost nonexistent. But I know all that, I know life isn't the fiction we read or see, I'm fully aware of the cruelty of this world, and the authors for that matter. Why can't I just live through fiction for now? I don't care if it's cheesy or gag-inducing.. I enjoy it.. I find it really sweet and awww-y.. and I'm just keeping on doing that until the real thing happens to me.

Moving on..
I was tagged by the lovely Bliss to do this:
"pick a person ONE PERSON that we all know which is A BLOGGER THAT BLOGS (lol a blogger that blogs? sheesh that's difficult :p)!! IN BLOGGER OR WORDPRESS!! only one!! and describe that person and tell her/him some stuff that you like about them and if there are any negative points then say them too!! and write the name!!"

I pick *drum rolls* Sous..
Sous and I have this mutual friend (one of my very close ones) and I got to meet her last summer.. and let me tell you, you can't help but love this girl immediately. Mashallah 3laiki I admire you, you are talented, adventurous, have a great personality, and I love your writings. And I know you have this potential to turn into something great in the future inshaAllah :D I can see it! so keep on doing what you're doing girl.

I tag Faten and Amal :)

Night.

14 comments:

Mai said...

spending money on crap is like a hobby , seriously I suffer from the same thing .. it's can get addictive :S ,

Light Blue said...

Tdreen u always give me feeling enu Fiction characters can come true ..specially Gerry <3 so
I believe you .. o i believe that fiction can be the reality coz we attract it o we believe it so.....

hehehehe

WHO KNOWS ;D

Raisa said...

look,.. am 24 now and I still dream! I think it's normal to be able to skip this 'reality' through a book or a movie, it doesn't make you any less of an adult,

and I think your sister is talking out of care, nothing else, so get soak'd up all you want, just don't forget the diffrence, which I don't think you do :)

Money! I know what you're talking about, sometimes I feel bad for buying stuff I don't really 'neeed' but I'd like to think life is short, being carefull is good, but indulging yourself from time to time also isn't a crime, might be a matter of perspective and big pockets

cookiesobsession said...

Hi Pinkish :D !
If you want to spend some money then do it, but spend wisely. Make sure you only buy what you really like , want and necessary. You need to make a plan and a budget. Give yourself strict amounts of money per week. Have Clear Objectives when shopping. Give Items Objective ratings. Avoid Impulsive Spending. Avoid Spending by Habit. Be Aware of How much money you spend. I usually do that. Reality is the wake up call that awakens indulgent, dreamy thoughts that can haunt our minds. If I Had to choose between reality and fantasy, I think I'll give up fantasy because reality cannot change, whereas fantasy can change AND disappoint us.
Ciao ! =]

SouS said...

Pinkish! <3
first of all!!
student life is all about debt, so i wouldnt worry about it too much!
second of all-
ok when i read the post the last part i thought you were talking about our mutual friend, and i was like, wait i didnt know she blogged, hehehe, BUT i wanna say i am very very very flattered!!
you're so nice to write that about me-
im kinda all teary cos im so touched!
xx

Errant said...

money money money .. when ever are we going to learn that there is another option for money other than spending it which is to save it !!

nice blog :)

MeeMzZ said...

ohh you did the tag!! yaaaay

and btw your so sweet!!;p

Hind ♥ said...

Mai,
It is *siiigh*

Light Blue,
I wish :D! Allah yesme3 mennek bss ;p

Raisa,
You're right.. reality is not as amusing, that's why there's fiction.. right?
Spending money like crazy once in a while is healthy, I guess, but not all the time 3ad! :s

CO,
I know all that but I can't stop doing the DON'Ts :|
I need to get hold of myself and my money or I'll be doooomed.
I wouldn't give up reality because, well, it's real, not because it cannot change.. The only disappointment I get from fantasy is when I return to reality and note the difference.

Sous,
Well it's all true hehe :)

Errant,
I guess that should take some time.
Thanks :D

Meemz,
Yup I did! And who knew it was you who made it up :D
Thankss :")

Venus said...

hi pinkish,
a serious problem that needs a very brave heart to be committed to!& to what extent you wanna chase ur goal, i mean; i do have the same problem in dealing with money bas i can't help it! so sorry, can't help u by giving a bad fatwa( a piece of advice)
like my face lol.
keep in blogging ^،^
btw; i was emeyad but am changed to venus ^^

cookiesobsession said...

Just give all your money to your mom and tell her to give you strict amounts of money per week. It'll help you a lot.

Anonymous said...

Allow yourself to wither, deep into the realm of distant fiction.

Embrace the element that has challenged all humanity, and yet drove it towards where it currently stands...Embrace The element of imagination.

It is confined within your grasp.
It is yours and only yours.
It is utterly your own, it is for no one to lay there gaze upon.
It is for no one to see, touch, nor feel.

It is yours and yours only.

So float, float and sway in your solitary realm of imagination for it is your bliss, it is your happy place..it is the place where you flee too when fear chooses to bluntly confront you.

Suspend all thoughts, and simply wander far far away Edward,Gerry and (all of Ben) are waiting at the other side!!!

Yel3an umm al jow al 7zeeen illey ana msaweeeeh :P

la3alley at2assaf!!!

Bas azzebdah!!! la tba66eley 5ayaaal!!! it's the only that will get you through med school!!!

byteofcoffee said...

people hugely suck for not believing on book love stories and crap, y3ny mn wayn jabo the story, I'm sure it happened somewhere y3ny. But everyone is out to burst everyone eles's bubble!

His Sweetheart said...

First if all, I have missed ya BIG TIME!!

I feel it has been ages since I visited your blog girl!!

Oh, the money thingy, that's so ME!! I am really careless when it comes to money. Though, my salary is very good ehamdullah and can be enough till the 1nd month but I end up spending it a week maximum after recieving it!!

I am hopeless, I am helpless. If you got a way, drop me a line!!

Nani_37 said...

The dreams we have, and setting no boundaries to where our thoughts might take us, is the way how we can get through all troubles of life.

As for the money spending disease, it think it's endemic here :p